Brainerd Chemical owes its success to the hard work of both its employees and its executive management team, who are all committed to providing customers with the highest level of value and service.
Mathew A. Brainerd - Chairman and Owner
- Mathew became president of Brainerd Chemical in 1979 when his father was approaching retirement. Over the last 30 years, Mathew has worked to expand Brainerd’s product line into many new markets, which resulted in our growth from a local chemical supplier to a major chemical supplier.
- Mathew currently serves as the Immediate Past Chairman of the National Association of Chemical Distributors. He has previously served as Chairman of the Government Affairs Committee (2009 to 2011), Treasurer (2011 to 2013), and Vice-chairman (2013 to 2015). Mathew also served as Treasurer for the Chemical Educational Foundation (2011 to 2013). In his past and current positions with the NACD and the Chemical Education Foundation, Mathew has worked to impact the legislative and regulatory processes in the chemical industry to promote safety and environmental protection.
- Mathew has served as the President of the International Council of Chemical Trade Associations (2012-2014). In his role as President of ICCTA, he understands the need for global harmonization of the chemical industry and works to represent over 1,500 chemical distributors world-wide.
- Mathew is committed to a number of other organizations, including the Springdale Development Council, The Founders Club, Carolina Chemical Club, The Boy Scouts of America, Tulsa Area Local Emergency Planning Commission, Chemical Educational Foundation, and one of the eighteen owners of the Chemical Distribution Network. Furthermore, he is also a Knight in the Equestrian Order of the Holy Sepulcher of Jerusalem.
Neil Morgan - President
- Neil Morgan joined Brainerd Chemical Company, Inc. as President in August 2015. He is responsible for all areas of operations, sales, and administration for the entire company. Neil attended Texas Wesleyan University where he received a BBA in Marketing.
- Neil began his professional career at Chemcentral in Dallas, Texas and filled a variety of jobs, including Plant Operations, Quality, Sales, Sales Management and General Manager. Additionally, he was the General Manager of their Tulsa facility before moving to Houston as Regional Sales Manager.
- Neil was also Director of Sales for SolvChem and managed all the domestic sales and marketing in Houston, Texas. While in Houston, he was involved in the Houston Chemical Association and is a past President of this organization.
- In addition to his current responsibilities, he is also involved with the missions group Casas Por Cristo. He travels to Juarez Mexico annually to build houses for families in need. Neil enjoys fishing and competitive sports.
Dale S. Harper - Executive Vice President
- Dale Harper became Brainerd Chemical’s Executive Vice President in November, 2015. In this capacity, he is responsible for leading the sales efforts in Oklahoma and Texas as well as the oversight responsibility for the Tuttle, Oklahoma operations.
- Dale attended East Central University in Ada, Oklahoma, where he earned his Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing with a Minor in Management. He began his professional career at Chemcentral Corp. in 1989 as a sales representative in Oklahoma City, OK. In 1995, Dale became General Manager and continued in that role until 2006, when Univar Corp. acquired Chemcentral. In 2013, when Univar created a stand-alone business unit, Dale then advanced as a Regional Manager for its Oil & Gas division
- Throughout his career, Dale has been directly responsible for Sales and Marketing, Operations, Customer Service, Purchasing, and Administration staff within the South Central US. Dale is an active member of the Chemical Distribution Network, where he participates in a network of distributors committed to safety and environmental
- Dale and his wife, Lisa, live in Edmond, Oklahoma, and have three children. They are active members of Faith Bible Church in Edmond. Dale loves the outdoors and enjoys all competitive sports, especially when it involves his kids.
Dan Evatt - Chief Operating Officer
- Prior to joining Brainerd, Dan was the managing partner of Tulsa-based Corporate Performance Group, a business consulting firm. Previous to CPG, Dan’s career featured a successful stint in corporate America with AT&T where he rose to the level of Vice President of Global Accounts after running successful business ventures for the company in California and Texas.
- Dan served as Chief Operating Officer for Tekmark Global Solutions. There he led the consolidation of seven separate company acquisitions into a single enterprise and grew the company 20% annually for three consecutive years.
- Dan has held the titles of President, Chief Operating Officer, and General Manager for both large and small companies in both the public and private sectors.
- His main areas of concentration have been on driving operational excellence, re-focusing a business to generate sales growth and produce higher rates of return. He also has a passion for Executive Coaching, leading efforts in Change Management, and Business Development.
- Dan has lived and worked in numerous states in the U.S., as well as abroad. He led the globalization efforts of AT&T’s Enterprise telephone systems unit during his tenure as President of AT&T-EMEA, based in Brussels, Belgium.
- In addition to his degree from the University of Oklahoma, he has an Advanced Management Certificate from the University of Michigan and a Senior Management Certificate from the prestigious Institute of Management Development (IMD) in Lausanne, Switzerland.
- Dan is an active member of St. John’s Episcopal Church in Tulsa as well as involved in many civic, cultural, and social causes.
Erika Coates, CPA - Chief Financial Officer
- Erika Coates joined Brainerd Chemical as Chief Financial Officer in December 2009. She is responsible for planning, directing and monitoring all areas relating to accounting, finance, insurance and treasury of the company. Erika is instrumental in the development and standardization of the company’s accounting practices. Focused on understanding the business and continuous improvement, Erika works across areas of the company to adopt best practices to support and achieve company goals.
- Erika attended the University of Kansas where she earned a Bachelor of Science in Accounting and Business Administration and has her MBA from Oklahoma State University
- Erika began her professional career as an auditor for Ernst & Young in Tulsa, OK. Throughout her career, Erika has worked in a variety of industries including construction, pharmacy, and real estate for both public and private companies. This included nine years as Regional Controller of Omnicare and its acquired company, NCS Healthcare. Erika managed the financial reporting, advising, and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance for up to 15 pharmacy locations. Immediately prior to joining Brainerd, Erika served as Controller for Williams & Williams Marketing Services. There she was instrumental in establishing a functioning accounting department, able to meet the demand of a growth-oriented company
- Erika has her CPA license from her home state, Colorado. Erika’s professional memberships include the American Institute for Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), the Oklahoma Society of CPA’s (OSCPA) and the Tulsa Chapter of the OSCPA (TCOSCPA). As of 2016, Erika serves on the Board of Trustees for the Union Schools Education Foundation and on the Board of TCOSCPA as the Members In Industry Committee Chair. Erika represents Brainerd at the Oklahoma Business Ethics Consortium (OK Ethics) events.
For more information on the organizations in which our leaders participate, visit our Community Involvement or Affiliations pages.